Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Baggage

So, last week I was watching The Biggest Loser and they had an interesting challenge. They had a big bag they carried through a hilly course. In each of their bags they had smaller bags weighing the equivalent of what they had lost each week. When they reached a flag representing each week, they could leave the smaller bag with the corresponding amount of weight they lost. (I hope that makes sense). All of the players started with at least 100 pounds and one player had close to 200 pounds!! It was impressive watching them drag that weight around and it was exciting to watch them get rid of it. When they had gotten rid of all their small bags, they could cross the finish line and throw their big bag over the edge of steep hill to get rid of it. As one of the contestants, Daris, finished he had a very profound thought that in many ways represents my weight loss journey.

"There it is, a little bit of me gone right there. I didn't just get rid of a bag, maybe I got rid of a little baggage!"

It feels good to know I'm not the only one carrying around baggage with my weight!! I'm sure that many of us with weight issues also have some baggage that is weighing us down as well!! Now that I have the tools to deal with my weight physically, I need to deal with some of the baggage that has helped get me to where I am.

I heard a quote recently that sums up what I need to do to continue to be successful in my weight loss. I wish I could remember who said it!

"You can't find peace until you find all the pieces!"

Here is to all of us finding all the pieces in our lives in order to have peace with ourselves!!

1 comment: