Monday, May 24, 2010

Frustration

So, my performance in the 5K on Saturday was not very good. I know I can do it faster than I did, but I just didn't seem to have the energy. I think there was also some nerves due to the fact it was my first race. So, today I decided to get on the treadmill and do my own 5K and I did VERY WELL!! I ran for about 1.2 miles at a 5 mph speed! It felt so good to do that...but why, oh why couldn't I do that on Saturday. Oh well, I guess that means I need to sign up for another race. In fact, I'm looking at the Running With Angels 5K on Saturday, June 19th. Anyone want to do it with me? If not, no worries. I think I will do it anyway :)

1 comment:

  1. I would love to join you in the Running with Angels 5k but we will be camping. I'm going to keep an eye out for 5k and do them as I can, even if it is just walking it felt so good to do something I never thought I could do. You did great just doing it, don't be so hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete