Thursday, May 27, 2010

Results

Congratulations to Matt & Ali, Mary & Bonnie, Dennis & Marlene for winning the 100 Day Heart Challenge!! You all look TERRIFIC and are a wonderful inspiration to us all :-)

It would have been wonderful to win, but what I really wanted was to improve my health. As for my results, they were VERY discouraging and disheartening!!! I have worked SO HARD and sacrificed so much hoping this would be the answer to the struggle with my weight and I find myself in some ways, worse off than I was before this started!!! Of the 12 numbers I was given last night 5 of them went up, 6 of them went down a little, and one (my height) remained unchanged! How can that be??? I saw a little success on the scales and hoped that because of the smaller number I was building muscle and how discouraging to learn it was only 2% change. Really, that's it?!? With all my changes in my eating habits almost every area of my cholesterol is WORSE than before!! Now they will print our results in the paper and on the website and everyone will think I didn't work very hard!!

So, the question is, what do I do from here. Honestly, I have no idea!! I can't double my workouts every day. I think I will go on hiatus to try and figure things out.

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if something was wrong with the lab results. Our results didn't make sense either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany, I won't see the paper and wouldn't even need to. I've appreciated reading your Blog and hearing you talk about how far you have come and how great you have felt during the process. You have inspired me to keep going with my exercise and food changes. These bodies are with us to stay, I hope to learn to be comfortable in my own skin and to enjoy being who I am. It isn't easy. Even though I feel good about the distance that I have come, I know that I could easily put weight back on and I want to be healthy. Hang in there and know that people admire you and appreciate your example! You are a ROCK STAR! Love, abbie platt (froerer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My results were not good either, most of them went up and even though I had to stop exercising, I still ate almost perfect. I was very upset over the results also so don't feel bad. WE know we did our best and I'm going to continue to walk until I can get back to exercising, still eating good.

    Don't let this get you down that you go back to the old ways you were before. Your sweet spirit was so wonderful to see when I was at the gym. We are all winners, no matter what the tests showed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, don't get discouraged! If you feel better then that is the most important thing! So Keep it up! I mean a few months ago you couldn't have run a 5k on the treadmill? And now look at how you did and how you felt! the labs will Slowly follow but you have already improved your health and that is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Brittany! You are such an amazing, beautiful person! I know what a struggle this has been for you, as I have watched my mom struggle my whole life. One thing I know, is that the numbers are not always indicative of how things are over all. Hopefully through this process you are feeling better than you have in a long time. If you feel healthier, stronger, and have more energy, then it was all worth it! You are too wonderful to tie your self worth to a bunch of numbers and the weight on a scale. If you are feeling good, and able to do the things you want to do, and mother those sweet babies the way you need to, then you are on the right track! I love you, and can't even tell you how much I miss my amazing, beautiful, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete