Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The End is in Sight...

and I'm scared!! I think it is natural for change to make us all nervous and I am certainly feeling that right now. I don't want to slip back into my old habits!! I have worked too hard to go back to the way I was living. In order to ensure I keep going on my new way of life is to set new goals for the next 100 days!! This isn't over for me yet!!

As the Saturday 5K draws closer, I get more nervous about that. I know the race route, so I'm not concerned about getting lost. I'm not worried about finishing either...I have had some training sessions that could put the race route to shame :-) I just want to do my best and go as fast as I can. I'm sure it will be intimidating to be surrounded by runners and race enthusiasts, but I'm going to give my best all the same. Maybe I should set a 365 days goal of running the Race for Red next year!

To my fellow challenge participants, work your hearts out this week and lets give it our best on Saturday!!

2 comments:

  1. Once you've done your first 5K, you won't be able to stop doing them. Then it will be a 10K, then a half marathon . . . I wish I was there to do it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the race!! Please post how it went. :)

    ReplyDelete