Friday, February 19, 2010

Fabulous Finds

Well, I have two wonderful products I have found that I love!! First I learned about the Orowheat Sandwich Thins. They are a great alternative to bread or buns. They are low calorie, high fiber and they make an AWESOME sandwich!! I have used it for a turkey sandwich with avocado and spinach and as a burger bun for my second new favorite product-Morning Star Farms Black Bean Burger. This burger is fantastic!! All it takes is 2 minutes in the microwave and you've got a high fiber, high protein meal!! It has a little spice to it, which I think is great. We ate it with avocado and I'm sure it would be delicious with a little salsa and fat free sour cream! Both of these products are available at Costco.

What fun foods are you finding??

2 comments:

  1. I like those buns too. But I haven't tried the burger but it does sound good. Thanks for sharing your good finds. I need all the help I can get. Good luck to you on this wonderful adventure we have joined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your updates! Just a little thing on the chocolate craving that I thought was a bunch of hooey, but I am actually a believer now. My professor last year was a retired OB/Gyn. He taught my anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology classes. He was really into health food and supplements. He said he would always recommend to his patients who had chocolate cravings (and who also usually had bad PMS/and birth control pill moodiness) to take magnesium supplements. I did pretty good at taking the supplements for about 9 months or so, and I swear it helped chocolate and sugar cravings. I have not taken them in a couple of months....and I crave chocolate all the time now! I am ready to go back on!!

    ReplyDelete