Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Goodbye Hopelessness

You know that overwhelmed feeling you have when you start something new, when you aren't sure if you are doing it the right way?? That is what I have felt every time I have started a new diet. There is so much to remember! There is a long list of things I shouldn't eat, new exercises I haven't done before, equipment I don't have, food to weigh and measure. I usually get to the point of losing hope that I will be successful. I have gotten so tired of that feeling that I just stopped trying to lose weight. I couldn't take another diet failure to damage my self-esteem, that is what little I have left because of my weight!! With all that said, I was SHOCKED that I decided to sign up for the Heart Challenge. Private failure is one thing, failure for all of Utah County to see is a whole different story!! For whatever reason, I took the leap and applied and I am SO GLAD I DID!!!

For the first time in my life, I don't feel hopeless about losing weight!! I feel excited about the things I'm learning! It feels great being surrounded by people who want to help me be successful!! I love having someone to show me what exercises to do and what I'm doing wrong. I love the sense of accomplishment I get every time I eat healthy and exercise!! Most importantly, I am feeling good about myself!!

Thank you to all of you who are helping me change my life!!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your comments. This is truly a great program and it really helps me to find someone who is as thrilled with this program as I am. Frankly, I cannot believe how lucky I was to get chosen. Good luck to you. You have the spirit and will do great things with this challenge. Mary Kirkham

    ReplyDelete