Friday, March 26, 2010

Morning Workout

Today is my first morning workout and I have to say, I am not a fan!! I guess my brain and my body aren't quite ready to go at 6:00 a.m. I felt very sluggish and couldn't seem to get into a rhythm. I think I'm going to avoid morning workouts if at all possible, but it seems to be a popular choice for many people. In fact, I was surprised how many people were there!! As for me, I think I'm going to stick with my 3 p.m. workouts. For one thing, it isn't busy at all and for another, that is what my body seems to like! What I'm wondering is...what time is most beneficial for maximum results? Does it even matter? Any ideas???

2 comments:

  1. And I HAVE to work out first thing in the morning. After my day gets started I don't have any time to fit it in so it's first thing or never. I do give myself 30 minutes first to get 2 cups of coffee in me and get me motivated. :-) Many years ago I tried in the evenings but I was just too tired at that point. I think as long as you don't do it right before bed any time that works for you is good. That's a great playlist, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard someone say recently that they like to exercise in the morning because it is so early their brian can't register what they are doing. My perfect time depends on my mood and my schedule and what I plan to do for my exercise. For me there is a lot that goes into it. Just find out what works for you and make it happen! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete