Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Insight Into Me

For many years, friends and family have lovingly teased me about my love of clothes or about how much I change my hair. Yes, Eddie Bauer is my best friend as well as several other stores. I love finding great deals on high quality clothes. As for my hair, I have had it styled many different ways and have had it colored pretty much any color...except black and the colors of the rainbow :) There is a method to all of my madness!!

You see, I use my clothes and my hair as a disguise. I feel like if people are looking at my clothes and hair, then they won't see me...the part I'm most embarrassed about. For years I have hid behind those things because they were easy to change, something I wished I could do with my body!!

My hope with this challenge is that I can get my body to where I am healthy and comfortable so I can use clothes and hair to accentuate my body rather than hiding it!!

3 comments:

  1. It makes me so sad to hear you say those things because you are such a WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL person and give so much to others!! Everyone loves you!! I really do understand, though, because if we buy clothes that we feel make us look the best we can, we do feel better about ourselves. I know that that you can succeed and reach your goal because we will just keep working together until it happens, even if it takes a lot longer than this program. :-) You have health challenges that make everything difficult but we will work together to overcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really inspire me every time I see you in the gym. I understand about the clothes, but you are a beautiful young lady regardless of what you wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it is sad, Brittany - you have said exactly what I have thought in my head for years. I do my hair, toes and skin because I can change them and feel good about it. How brave of you to say those things.. I never thought others thought that! Well, like your mom said - you are a very kind and wonderful person... well, you were a very kind and wonderful young woman when I knew you in Ashland and I am sure you are still that same woman. Keep up the good work - it's a cycle you know... exercise makes your brain happier, muscles tighter, and you stronger... that makes you work harder and soon you feel better and tone and that gives you so much confidence that maybe -- maybe someday - you will forget about your hair and realize at the store -- YOU FORGOT TO BRUSH IT! hee hee You are doing great - thanks for making me feel great today - knowing someone struggles with the same things I do..

    ReplyDelete