Friday, April 16, 2010

Thank You

Before this competition goes any further, I want to thank several people who are making this possible!

*The Daily Herald for giving us a free paper with an ad for the Heart Challenge. Who knows why they chose that day to give us a paper. If I hadn't gotten it, I wouldn't have known about the competition. Good thing I was inspired to look through the paper :)

*UVRMC, The Wellness Center, Janet, Traci, Riley, Mindy, and all the people behind the scenes who make this possible. You are ALL changing my life and providing me all with this INCREDIBLE experience!!

*All the trainers, especially Catherine for working me so hard! Without you pushing me, I would have no idea what I was capable of. You encourage me to try and sacrifice your time to help me become a better person.

*My mom for being my partner. Thanks for being my "Sweat Sista" and taking this journey with me! Never before in my life have I seen 2 women sweat so much!!! Nobody will ever doubt that we worked hard. Thank you for your encouragement and support.

*To the other contestants in the Heart Challenge, your friendship is invaluable!! Thank you for pushing me to do my best and for your words of encouragement. I can't wait to follow your progress after the challenge is over :)

*To the many friends and family who are providing support, encouragement, babysitting, comments, emails, and phone calls! You have no idea what a source of strength that is to me as I struggle daily to improve my life.

*Most importantly, A HUGE THANK YOU to my husband and my kids!! They have sacrificed A LOT for me to take part in this competition. Scott has altered his work schedule so I can go to our nutrition class and has been a "single parent" many nights so I can work out. He has encouraged me, complimented me, supported the menu changes, and picked up the slack around the house when I am too sore to move. I love you Scott and appreciate you more than I can express!! My kids have missed out on time with Mommy, but they know I am going to exercise. When I come home, they always tell me how proud they are of me! It doesn't get any better than that.

*To those of you who are reading about my journey, I hope I can inspire you in some way to make changes in your life. I promise you, the reward is worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment